Family Photography Terms & Conditions
This information is supplied in accordance with ‘The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 which came into force on 13th June 2014.
This pack provides all the relevant information you need to know before entering in to a contract with ‘Kate McCarthy Photography’.
- The acceptance of the booking outlined on the booking form once completed is based on agreement by the client of the terms and conditions stated herein.
- All original negative/digital materials remain the property of the photographer.
- The price of the framed images, canvases, acrylics and/or album is guaranteed at the time of booking to the client provided that it is ordered and paid for on the viewing day. All reprints and enlargements will be at the price current at the time of the portrait shoot.
- Payment in full is required to be settled to secure the confirmation of the booking.
- The cost of the prints, framed images, acrylics, canvases and/or albums is payable at the time of the order
- Colour photography is undertaken within the technical limitations of the process and certain colours may not necessarily be facsimile over the whole range of colours within a subject. Prints made at different times may be variable in colour balance – please discuss with the photographer if you are in any doubt, as she cannot be held responsible for the natural colour deviation which may occur.
- Any customer failing to notify the photographer of a cancellation less than twenty four hours before the booked photo-shoot shall forfeit the deposit and the same shall remain the property of the photographer.
- Although the photographer and her appointed agents shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of their duties, it is understood that, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances causing loss of photographic record, the photographer will only be responsible for the return of all the money paid to date, although every effort will be made to retake the photographs.
- Kate McCarthy may agree by prior arrangement to accept pre-payment in instalments PROVIDED it is understood that the money is non refundable in the event of a cancellation, although the amount paid can be used as credit against further photographic services offered by Kate McCarthy.
- File processing and editing will commence following the session date and shall be completed within 6 weeks. The photos will be available to view in an online gallery once the editing is complete.
Complaint handling policy:
Any complaints should be made via email. Complaints will be responded to within 7 working days.
I request consumers contact me in the first instance so that I can resolve any issues satisfactorily.
Right to cancel; conditions, time limit and procedures in accordance with regulations 27-38. The consumer has a right to cancel at any time during the cancellation period without giving any reason, and without incurring any liability. A cancellation form is included in this pack, although any written form of cancellation is accepted including email or text. 30(1) The cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
The service provided will be as advertised, and should Kate McCarthy Photography be unable to provide this service due to unforseen circumstances including but not limited to injury or sickness, Kate McCarthy Photography is responsible for arranging alternative dates and locations.
The copyright of the images remains with ‘Kate McCarthy Photography’ as per the ‘copyright, designs and patents act 1988’. A licence is granted within this contract which allows pictures to be reproduced by the consumer for personal use. Pictures should not be supplied to media or commercial businesses. Should a media or commercial business want to use the photos, please ask them to contact me directly. The quality of my photos is really important to me so I like to supply correct size files if they are being used on other suppliers websites. Any commercial business that use the images without express permission from myself may be liable to a fine.